The front of the knee is the most common location for people to experience pain, yet making a diagnosis and solving the anterior knee pain dilemma remains an issue for many.
In this session of Ask Dr. B, we discuss the current understanding of anterior knee pain, patellofemoral chondromalacia, patellar maltracking syndrome, patellar dislocations and some weird and wonderful causes of pain at the front of our knees.
In Part 2, Coach E and I address the following topics and questions:
- 12:46 – pain more medial but because of ankle instability – have been told i need my hip manipulated by a podiatrist. Overpronation of foot causing the medial anterior area pain
- 12:49 – “I’ve had intermittent sharp pains on inside of knees for years. I try to keep good alignment when exercising etc. Don’t think having one leg 2cm longer than the other helps. I’ve tried built up shoes (the length is in the femur), but it causes backache at aged 60”
- 12:53 – Should squats be avoided completely then?
- 12:56 – I’ve had a meniscus repair 6 yrs ago, then a meniscectomy 4 yrs ago. Now, my knee hurts when I put weight on it. I hope I don’t need another surgery. My kneecap sits slightly outside of the socket. It’s been that way since birth… I’ve only had part of the meniscus removed. I’ve remained physically active. Will I still eventually need a knee replacement. I have very flat feet AND bad patellar tracking due to my anatomy. Are my feet contributing to my knee issues?
- 1:00 – hello Eric and Dr. b. I have right knee ACL tear. its healing but process is too slow. my first two pains a lot unless I do stretch exercise. it will get normal.
- 1:06 – I have chondromalacia patella stage 4 and am very flexible. With chondromalacia, would your meniscus program be appropriate for me? I’m also bow legged.
- 1:09 – Crepitus in the knee do resemble so mechanical fault? As bicep femoris share the common insertion with iliotibial band do you recommend ASMR?
- 1:11 – At what point in time is there a need for a knee replacement when you have a wear on the cartilage behind the knee cap? I have had knee pain for the past 5 years .
- 1:22 – soft bump on outside of knee. how to deal with inflammation?
- 1:28 – should I wait for my knee pain to go away before doing strength training?